Learn how to make the best Swedish fish dishes!
Sweden is definitely filled with a diversity of cultures, especially unique cuisines! Fortunately, Keith Floyd from Slice is here to share us how to cook Swedish fish dishes that you can definitely make at home!
First on the list is Swedish Paella Recipe, which originated mainly from Spain.
- Peel and de-vein the prawns, reserving the heads and shells. Return the prawns to the fridge.
- To make the stock, heat the oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat and add the onion, tomatoes, garlic, and reserved prawn shells and heads. Cook for 3-4 mins, then pour in 2 liters of water and add the stock cube and star anise. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 30 mins. Leave to cool slightly, then whizz in batches in a blender or food processor. Strain through a fine sieve.
- Heat the oil in a large paella pan or an extra-large frying pan. Brown the monkfish for a few mins each side, then remove and set aside. Add the onion and fry for 4-5 mins until softened.
- Stir in the rice and cook for 30 secs to toast. Add the garlic, paprika, cayenne (if using) and saffron, cook for another 30 secs, then stir in the tomatoes and 1.5 liters of the fish stock. Bring to the boil, then turn down to a simmer and cook, stirring, for about 10 mins (the rice should still be al dente). Return the monkfish to the pan with the prawns, mussels, peas and broad beans.
- Cover the pan with a large baking tray, or foil, and cook on a low heat for another 10-15 mins until the mussels are open and the prawns are cooked through. Scatter over the parsley before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!
Get more of this by watching the VIDEO ABOVE!
Make yourself at home with Europe’s finest fish recipes. Hop on to Hairy Bikers’ FISH RECIPES HERE!
This is the right website for everyone who would like to understand this topic. You realize so much its almost tough to argue with you (not that I really would want toÖHaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a subject that has been discussed for many years. Excellent stuff, just excellent!