Learn How to Make Cabbage Dal in a Healthy Way by Mallika
Cabbage dal is a slightly thick consistency Indian dal made with a ground coconut paste and spices. This quick curry goes well with rice and chapathis. Learn how to make this in a healthier way by following these simple steps below (or you can watch the entire video above!).
Green Gram Dhal — 1/2 Cup
Finely Cut Onions — 1/2 Cup
Tomatoes — 2
Cabbage — 100 Grams
Green Chillies — 2
Chilli Powder — 1/2 Teaspoon
Turmeric Powder — 1/4 Teaspoon
Salt — To Taste
Oil — 1 Tablespoon
Cumin Seeds — 1/2 Teaspoon
Lemon — 1
Grated Coconut — 1 Tablespoon
Small Onions — 3
Aniseeds (Saunf) — 1 Teaspoon
1. Wash Dhal well and keep it aside. Then, heat oil in a pressure cooker.
2. Add Cumin Seeds, Cut Green Chilies and Fine Cut Onions.
3. Fry for 2 minutes. Then, add the cabbage and sauté well for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add Tomatoes. Afterwards, pour water and wash the dhal.
5. When it starts boiling, add Turmeric Powder and close the lid.
6. Keep the vent weight on it and cook for one-two whistle.
7. Open the lid. The Dhal should be thick in consistency. Add ground paste, chili powder and boil for 1 or 2 minutes.
8. Squeeze lemon and serve with hot phulkas. Enjoy!
If you wish to learn more recipes, click this DELICIOUS LUNCH RECIPES HERE!.
This site was… how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally I have found something which helped me. Kudos!